Friday, August 26, 2022

A door closes and a soul opens

 It’s been a minute or maybe a million. Haven’t felt like writing much but that haze is passing thankfully. I’ve parted ways with my beloved gallery…too much this too much that yada yada. Loved a lot, learned a lot, leaving a lot. That being said sometimes when a door closes the entryway to a truly free and unfettered soul opens up. I believe things happen as they are supposed to and for every little thing to be as it’s supposed to it has to happen at its own pace. Living with a chronic (usually mild…usually) illness I’m finding the direct approach to a path in any direction is the best way to go. I’ve noticed in the last year that I have two parallel lines of art work. Stuff that’s appropriate for a gallery such as that which would be appealing to tourists and art collectors looking for Maine-specific pieces. In the other vein of work I am noticing I am delving deeper into the “feels” a piece gives me whether photo or painting. I spent my whole artistic career so far making sure that every pixel was perfect, if an image wasn’t sharp enough to cut butter it was never shared in any way. Now I take delight in the noise and some softer edges as it evokes a serenity for which I guess I have always been searching. 

So now, with my membership with some unbelievably talented and utterly kind women and a lovely and dear gallery  entering my rear view, but not the friendships we have created,  I want them to know something. Thank you! Thanks for the fun, the teaching moments, the learning moments, the tears, the jitters, the hugs, the stress…and ultimately the love! Thank you. 

Love, Sue




1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you are delving into more of the richness and creativity within you. Sue, I hardly got to know ya but that will also change. Take good care

    ReplyDelete